Monday, September 28, 2009

Eating Down the Fridge

This coming week I'm going to do my own version of "Eating Down the Fridge." Kim O'Donnel, who used to write for washingtonpost.com, has run this in the past and I haven't had anywhere to write about it before. But I haven't officially signed up with her because at this point I'm not sure where I was to draw the line between my real identity and this blog. Not like there are a million people out there reading this, but with the boys I don't want to put anything out there that I could regret later.

Anyway, Kim is hosting her semi-annual Eat Down the Fridge Challenge week, starting October 3. So I'll play along here, focusing on meals that involve little to no "new" ingredients. I'll still buy milk and produce for the week so that we have fresh and I'm still going to buy things as "stock ups" if there are really good sales, but other than those exceptions, most of our meals will come from our current stockpiles in the pantry, freezer or fridge.

I know one thing I'm planning for next week-- it's big and it's something I've never done before. So it should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment