Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall is Here!


In honor of my favorite month, I'm finally going to post a photo. I'd known since I started that I needed to add pictures, but I'm just not a good photographer. But I'll only get better with practice (and luck) so here is a seasonally appropriate photo. It's the first leaf in our yard to change color, and I was lucky to get the picture because the next day, the red leaf was on the ground. (I have got to figure this picture thing out because of course, this leaf did not grow sideways! Oh well-- someday when I'm a rich and famous blogger, this will be a funny story to tell about my humble beginnings...)

We don't have many fall changes yet, but they're coming. And, for me, those changes are welcome. Fall is my favorite month. I love the rich colors of the leaves and the way we reflect those deep colors in our homes and clothes. I love the smell of a neighbor using their fireplace for the first time. I love the cooler temperatures that demand a warm sweater or a cozy blanket on the couch. And I love the food-- the slow-cooked, rich, substantial comfort food that I want to cook as the weather cools. I'm especially looking forward to brisket, beef and barley soup, chicken and biscuits, lasagna. Just waiting for a time to get these all in the meal rotation....

No comments:

Post a Comment