Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend with the in-laws

Our big weekend plans are hosting the in-laws. They haven't been down in a number of weeks (can't tell you exactly when-- might have been in early August), so it's been a while since they've seen the boys. I know right now that we'll hear the following statement over and over again: "what a big change!" They often say this, even when I don't see it, but even I see the changes now, especially in Bruiser. Over the last couple of weeks, he's become a proficient sitter and crawler.

This is when babies become a lot of fun, because they will interact with everyone and everything and you can really see their thought processes: "hmmmm, that looks interesting, I wonder if I can go over there and pick that up? OK, now I've gotten it, I wonder if it fits in my mouth? All right, now that it's in my mouth, how long before my brother yells 'my toy!' and snatches it out of my hands?"

It'll be nice to have an extra set of hands (or two) to play with the boys while I can hopefully get some laundry, house cleaning and sorting of too-small clothes done.

The best bonus of the weekend? Free babysitting while the Big Man and I go out to dinner for an early anniversary celebration on Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment